QuickBooks is the most recommended accounting software because of its revolutionary and advanced features. This software is also prone like other recommended software and sometimes users come across with many errors. It can occur while installing or while registration they find issues. In this blog, you are going to see the most important steps on how you can delete content on entitlement in QuickBooks.
In order to do this you need a license number along with product code to complete the entire process. In any case the encrypted file that contains information got damaged then in that case QuickBooks display an error message. In such a situation, it is a good idea to delete the entitlement file and enter the license number as well product information once again and this might help you to get rid of such error messages.
Common Error that Can be Fixed by Deleting Entitlement File
The below-mentioned are the issues and the errors that you can fix by just deleting content on entitlement in QuickBooks:
- Error message: “you are not able to use online banking because QuickBooks is not successfully registered”.
- Error while reconfiguring your updated QuickBooks edition
- You can easily edit link list when error shows No company open Window
- You can fix Sync License data online when it is grayed out and not able to click
- Error Code 3371 message display on screen that could not initialize license properties
- While activating you might come across with a message that validation code is not correct and the service is temporarily not available.
Steps to Delete the Entitlement File in QuickBooks
Perform the mentioned steps in sequence order so that you can easily delete the content on the entitlement file in QuickBooks.
1. Initially, close the QuickBooks Desktop
2. Next step ensure that you have closed all the running QuickBooks processes. In order to check this, you need to perform the following steps
a. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc altogether from your keyboard to open Task Manager
b. For Windows 10: Go to More Details in order to show Task Manager
c. Select the Processes
d. Choose the Process name to sort the entire processes in alphabetic order
e. Search all the occurence of EXE
f. At last, click on End Task
3. Now open the all entitlement data files or folders for your operating system also QuickBooks version.
a. Press Windows+R together on your keyboard
b. Then it open Run window
c. Type c:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8 (or v6)
d. In the end, Hit on Enter button
4. Right-click on file named ecml
5. Select Delete option
6. Select and click on Yes tab to confirm that file you want to delete
7. Now open your company file and perform all the instructions to register the software.
How to Reach us?
It is expected now you are able to delete content on entitlement in QuickBooks. In case, you are unable to do so and facing difficulty then contact QuickBooks technical support toll-free number +1800-942-6705. They guide you conveniently so that to eliminate errors by yourself then take help from dedicated experts via online live chat. You can also drop an email at this email address at [email protected] to get further assistance with QuickBooks ProAdvisor are available 24*7 to help you out with their best solution.