Are you looking for deleting sales receipt or invoice in your QuickBooks account because of any reason? You know that QuickBooks has the track of all the information and the transactions you do in your account. After the sale, receipts are saved in the database for future use.
QuickBooks Sales Receipt
The receipts can be void or delete both and the safe option is void so that you have the save receipt in your database. If you delete it you won’t be able to find it again. The changes in the amount turn to zero in the Voiding that is more recommendable. If you still want to delete it then you must have a backup of the data so, do backup it before you delete the sales receipt in QuickBooks.
The Process to Delete Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Account
Before deleting the sales receipt you must have the backup of it. If you don’t have then must take the backup first and then delete it from your account. The deleted sales receipt cannot be undone so, must think before deleting it. The steps are mentioned below that you have to follow:-
- Firstly, in the system, open the “QuickBooks application“
- Then log in to your account if it’s not logged in
- Click on the “File” menu option
- Select the option named create a backup
- Save the backup file at the location you want to choose
- After the backup is saved, select the option “Sales and Invoicing“
- This option is shown on the left side of the screen in the menu bar
- Click on the option named All Sales
- In this, click on the “Filter“
- Then under the option named Transaction type select the “Sales Receipt“
- Now click on the Apply button
- You have to highlight the receipt of sales that you want to remove
- Now check the bottom of the window displaying on your screen
- Select More option and click on the option named “Delete“
- A pop-up window appears for the deletion and in that click on the Yes button
You can also edit the Sales receipts that you can do as once you delete the receipts you cannot be undone. So editing can also be an option if it can be done.
For editing sales receipt you need to do the following steps:-
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Now open the sales receipt that needs to be edit
- In the Accounts Receivable or Customer Center, you can locate the receipts
- If the funds are deposited directly by you in the account
- For changing the sales form or receipt, open the register that is linked with your account
- Now on the transaction’s name double-click on it, that needs to be changed
- Do changes to the receipt according to you
- In the end, click on the Save button.
How to Get in Touch?
The best way to delete sales receipts in QuickBooks is mentioned above. It helps you in doing it smoothly without facing any glitches. You can easily get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisor team anytime from anywhere as they are available all around the clock. The members of the team are here to help you whether you have functional, installation, update, technical, payroll, and more. Dial the QuickBooks Support helpline number +1800-942-6705, send the email at firstname.lastname@example.org or do a live chat with professionals.