Through this article, you can try solutions which are provided for how to fix “QBCFMonitorService Not Running” on this computer. QuickBooks offers a wide variety of software for small and medium-scale companies to make accounting and related processes simpler. It provides these vibrant features, such as multi-user access through a computer-saved manageable file, such as QBFCMonitorService.exe. This .exe file includes a critical feature that is affected when the QBCFMonitorService does not run on this device. When QuickBooks users face this error then it hampers the entire tasks thus it requires immediate fixation.
What is QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service- QBCFMonitorService.exe Company File
To configure QuickBooks hosting services, QBCFMonitorService.exe runs on a PC or database server. When new or copied Intuit update files are ready, it signals the files through port 8019 and prepares these files for the user’s company file. When users run Windows Server 2008 or 2012 or Windows 10 and this .exe file stops running, an error occurs when QBCFMonitorService fails to start.
What Reasons Behind QBCFMonitorService Not Running..
This factor might cause due to various reasons. Here are some of the most possible reasons that are underneath given:
- Possible QBCFMonitorService.exe files corruption resulting from a virus or malware attack.
- Error-causing Windows registry fault in the QBCFMonitorService.exe format.
- The Windows firewall prevents contact between QuickBooks and the server.
- Accidental deletion of the file QBCFMonitorService.exe by an installed program on the device.
- You may also avoid QBCFMonitorService from running on this device error by inappropriately installing the corrupt QuickBooks Desktop program.
- When QBCFMonitorService clashes with software installed on the machine.
Read more: QuickBooks FCS Service is Damaged
Resolutions to Fix QBCFMonitorService Not Running on this Computer
Now that you are aware of the problem stopped by the QuickBooks monitoring service for some of the obvious reasons, let’s move on with the troubleshooting procedures. You need to confirm these things before starting:
- To avoid any data interruption while conducting the methods of troubleshooting, you have backed up your data.
- You have MS Windows installation CDs, QuickBooks along with License numbers.
Solution 1: Modify the Settings of your Windows Firewall
- Initially, update the Firewall Software
- Next, as an exception from scanning, add QuickBooks
- After that, check whether or not the ports needed by QuickBooks to connect with the server are blocked
- At last, you will need to open ports if blocked to allow contact with the QuickBooks server.
After performing the solution, if you’re still facing the same difficulty then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Perform Manual Restart for QBCFMonitorService
- The very first, press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys altogether from your keyboard to open your Task Manager
- Next, go to the “Processes” tab
- Now, make a right-click on the QBCFMonitorService process
- And then choose the “End Task” option
- After that, press the “Yes” button to confirm the same
- Finally, try to open the QuickBooks application once again.
Solution 3: Run a full Malware scan on your system
If the QBCF monitor service continues to stop when accessing the company file, run a complete search on the device for malware or virus infections. When the malware is detected, delete it and restart your machine. If there is a QBCFMonitorService error, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update
You might be able to repair a failed QBCFMonitorService error by downloading the new updates to the QuickBooks database manager server. To follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open your QuickBooks to install the latest maintenance release
- Next, go to the “Help” tab and look for the QuickBooks Update
- After that, press the “Update Now” button
- Along with that checked the check mark that consists of all patches and features
- Now, hit the “Get Updates” and wait for the completion of the install process in which all the updates are available
- Finally, restart your QuickBooks both on the Server as well as the workstation.
- Once everything is completed then verify that the error is fixed or not.
Solution 5: Windows Firewall Update and Configure
- Need to update firewall program to the latest version and Configure Firewall manually to fix this issue
Solution 6: Repair Windows Registry
- Need to Repair Windows registry corresponding to QBCFMonitorService.exe file
Solution 7: Run Disk Cleanup
Remove unnecessary files and folders, including temporary files
Get assistance from QuickBooks Expertise
To completely resolve your issue, you can follow the above-described troubleshooting solutions. However, even after following the above solutions; if you still experiencing the same issue due to technical unease or getting stuck with the steps for how to fix QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error then do contact the QuickBooks team of experts via toll-free helpdesk number. The team is always available to assist with the best possible solutions based on your error description. One can also approach them by email at this email address email@example.com or do a live chat with QuickBooks Experts.