QuickBooks provides you many new features and the latest tools to work on and to manage your business without any hassle. One of the best features is printing General Ledger in QuickBooks.
In today’s article, we discuss the same. Let’s start about the same.
Creating a General Ledger in one of the best features of QuickBooks software. It helps business owners and accountants to easily access the screenshot of the transactions. Whenever you make a payment or, receive a payment or any other transactions just enter the same in entry and it will be included to your general ledger. You can also customize your accounts through the basic accounts manager in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks General ledger Accounting? – Create Journal Entries, Find and Print General Ledger
It is a kind of a specific report all the transactions which are posted to account for every transaction. In the account, there is a credit and debit account and transactions will be listed there. Users can pull the list of trial balance to see the summary balances for all accounts credits and debits.
Basics of QuickBooks General Ledger
When there is a particular part record, it gets updated for each task. These journals are divided into 3 tasks.
- Accounts Receivable – These are daily records of company sales and receipt, and also the invoices that the clients didn’t pay
- Accounts Payable – Daily records of company purchase and also the company invoice which company needs to pay
- Payroll – It consists of records of each employee compensation and also checks written to pay the employees and related payroll taxes
The user is supported to enter the monthly activities into the general ledger in a summarized way.
How to Create Journal Entries for General Ledger?
It’s very useful to discuss the steps of creating General Ledger. Below are the steps.
- Login to your QuickBooks account
- Go to the “company drop-down menu”
- Make the “Make General Journal Entries”
- Mention the date in the Journal entry in the calendar and the accounts menu if its a debit transaction
- Mention the total value of the recorded transaction for the Debit
- State the amount you are inclined to use indicate a deposit
- Read and give the information in the rest of the fields
- Save and close once all is done
Steps to Find the General Ledger Report
Follow the below points to find the General Ledger Report
- Select the report option from left navigation panel and then select close all option
- Go to the bottom of the screen, and select for my accountant
- Select General Ledger
- Select date range
- Choose Cash or accrual basis
- Run the report to generate the report
How to Print General Ledger in QuickBooks?
After the process of creating the Journal Entries in QuickBook, its very easy to print the general Ledger. Just follow the below steps to print the ledger:
- Log in to your “QuickBooks account“
- Go to “Print reports” >> “Transaction reports” >> “General ledger“
- Then enter “Month” and Year”
- Want to print an account range “Enter the beginning and ending account number“
- Above steps take you a print screen page where you can select the formatting options
- Click on “Print” option >> “Start printing“
- Preview on the screen or “Print to Printer“
How to Print a General Ledger only Active Account in QuickBooks Desktop
- Goto Reports >> Click on Account list
- Click on Customize Report option
- Goto Display and Columns option search Active Status >> Click OK
- Press print drop-down arrow >> Select Report
- Click on Print
How to contact us
Printing General Ledger is a very easy task. Still, for any help or query simply dial 1800-942-6705 and get connected with the QuickBooks support experts and get you all the errors solved in limited time. QuickBooks team is polite, professional and having experience in years in the same domain. Additionally, you can also email at [email protected] and one of the experts contact you shortly.