QuickBooks Error 16026 usually occurs when you are trying to update your QuickBooks applications. The abandoned company file found in your QuickBooks account is the primary factor which may scramble this error. In order to come out of this issue, make sure to revive the impulsive information that exists in your QuickBooks company file. You can use a QuickBooks fix application from the outside for a quick error fix.
This particular article is all about the QuickBooks Error 16026, its principle originating factors and the debugging practices for your help. So you should ensure that you go through this article till the very end and help yourself come out of the trouble you are facing because of this error code.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Running Slow issue?
Causes that can trigger QuickBooks Error 16026
It is very important to know about the causes before we jump on to the resolutions part.
There can be ample reasons that can make you encounter the above mentioned error.
Some of the most significant causes of QuickBooks Error 16026 are listed below:
- Your Internet connection is poor thereby increasing the error chances.
- The version of Microsoft Internet Explorer you are working on is out of date.
- The cipher strength of the Internet Explorer is not 128-bit as required.
- QuickBooks application is completely or partly damaged.
- The QuickBooks software and your Windows are not compatible with each other.
- The version of Internet explorer you are using is outdated i.e. it is below 6.0 which is not compatible for updates to take place properly.
Also Read: Resolve QB Online Login Issues
Debugging the QuickBooks Error 16026
Now that you are familiar with the root causes behind this error, let us quickly look at the steps using which you can easily help yourself resolve the QuickBooks Error 16026.
- To begin with, navigate the QuickBooks application on your desktop.
- Secondly, you are supposed to choose the Financial Institution Catalog. For that, make sure to use the steps mentioned below:
- Hit the Banking tab and then choose Online Banking.
- After that, do select Available Financial Institutions.
- QuickBooks will be able to run some of Intuit’s online services as soon as the Final Institution Directory appears on your computer screen. Move ahead, things are going great.
- Now, attempt to use the internet services provided by the QuickBooks software or your internet browser and try to upgrade the application only if there are no discrepancies present.
- Verify if you are using the latest version of the Internet explorer or not. You must not be using the version below 6.0.
- Develop a backup Company file.
- After you are done with this, you are now supposed to install the QuickBooks application once again. By doing this, you can easily resolve the errors that occur on your screen due to installation issues.
The above listed steps might help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 16026. If it still remains, you should attempt to download and install the latest version of the QuickBooks software on your desktop, which in turn can help to fix or debug QuickBooks Error 16026.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
By now you must have understood what approach you can follow when you experience a QuickBooks Error 16026 on your screen along with its root causes. If the issue still persists and you are looking for further assistance, Contact QuickBooks Proadvisor. To contact you can drop Email at email@example.com you can also connect through Live Chat option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: Why is it important to update QuickBooks application to avoid QuickBooks Error 16026?
Answer: It is crucial to update your QuickBooks accounting software to its latest version because of the following reasons:
1. Your online banking processes improve i.e. they become easier and efficient.
2. Bug fixation gets simpler.
3. It helps in providing advanced user management features.
Question 2: How can I check the version of QuickBooks application if I am facing QuickBooks error 16026 while working on the software?
Answer: In order to check which version of QuickBooks you are currently using, follow the steps given below:
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Select Account and settings on the gear icon.
3. Navigate the Billing and Subscription tab and check which version of QuickBooks you are currently using.
Question 3: What are the steps to verify the version of Internet Explorer for resolving QuickBooks error 16026?
Answer: Steps given below:
1. Open the Internet Explorer.
2. Choose Internet Explorer by hitting the help tab.
3. Upgrade the Internet Explorer to its latest version if it is below 6.0 .
4. You must install a high encryption pack of the internet explorer if its cipher strength is less than 128-bit.