It is truly said that like several other software, QuickBooks also gives some errors to the users and QuickBooks Error 1920 is one of them. It generally occurs when QuickBooks Server Manager scans hard drives for the company files which are installed on the system. QuickBooks Database Manager fails to start because of this error.
QuickBooks Error 1920 – QB Database Manager Failed to Start
Incorrect device settings configuration or unusual Windows registry entries may cause this error mainly because the QuickBooks Database Manager is unable to connect to the QuickBooks company files that it was looking for. Some utilities tend to access the hard drive that may not be affected by the download.
What are the possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920?
There can be various causes for this error code and the listed are the possible causes behind your error message. Just have a look at these causes:
- The fault in your running the system.
- Any other explanations may include installing or uninstalling the program improperly or unsuccessfully done.
- Entries in the Windows Register are invalid.
- An attack by virus or malware.
- Due to improper shutdown and it can happen because of a power failure, etc.
- Some important files in the system or registry entry were accidentally deleted.
- This error failed to start the QuickBooks Database Manager Service.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920 – Trying to Install or Update QB Software
This error arises if you can’t link the QuickBooks Database Manager to your company register. Here are the relevant solutions that help you resolve this error so that you can get back up and run your software smoothly. It is suggested you follow the steps in the given sequence.
Solution 1: Verify the Installed Security Software
- Initially, uninstall Security Software which you have recently added
- Next, turn-off the Firewall
- Once you have done with that then close all the background running applications
- Look for the latest updates
Solution 2: Change QuickBooks Desktop Company File Name
- The very first, you have to change the name of Company file
- Open QuickBooks then select and click Company file
- Press F2 in order to open the information window of product
- Observe the location of Company file and note it down
- Then close QuickBooks Desktop
- Now navigate the location of Company file where you save
- Next, change the name of the Company file
- Save Your company file by keeping a new name
- At last, Click on Yes to confirm it.
Refer the below mentioned chart for folder location that you are going to rename-
|Windows 10/8/7||Windows Vista|
|C:\ProgramData\ Common Files\ Intuit||C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit|
|C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|
Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks to use the new file name for the company
- The very first step is to open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, go to file menu and click on Open and Restore the file that is existing
- After that Open a company file by clicking Next button
- Now choose a new name for your company file
- Finally, click on the Open button.
Other Steps to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920:
- Rename QuickBooks Desktop company file
- Open QuickBooks Desktop then company file
- If you want to open the production information, press F2 or Ctrl+1 button
- Note company file location that is mentioned in the File Information
How to get in touch?
Expectedly, the above solutions help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 1920. In case you fail to resolve then feel free to contact QuickBooks technical support toll-free number. You can dial the toll-free or can drop an email at this email address [email protected]. If you are looking for instant help then you can do a live chat with dedicated QuickBooks ProAdvisor. They are available all round the clock to assist you with the best appropriate solution for your query or issues.