QuickBooks Error 3371 is repeatedly reported at what time customers attempt to run QuickBooks Software after re-configuring their systems, most normally after hard drive cloning. In uncomplicated words, this QuickBooks error 3371 emerges in the process of opening or activation the QuickBooks Desktop accounting software.
If you are looking for accounting software that is secure, accurate, and reliable, then it is QuickBooks without a doubt.
When it comes to managing accounting and bookkeeping activities, QuickBooks has been the forerunner in accounting solutions for small business owners all over the world, and it is spreading like wildfire. But, as with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages.
The software comes with a number of errors that are meant to be addressed at the earliest, for a smooth working process.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
The QuickBooks error 3371 is normally reported what time users seek to launch QuickBooks accounting software, later than reconfiguring their workstation, most commonly later than hard drive replicas. In simple words, this error appears in the process of activation or opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
Another cause of this error is Entitlement DataStore. The ECML file, which contains the QuickBooks desktop’s license properties, is mainly corrupted.
The users may encounter other error messages for the same error. Take a look:
When the user installs QuickBooks, Intuit stores some license information on your hard drive. And if this information becomes corrupted, the QuickBooks error 3371 occurs.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202 Quick Fix with Best Solutions
Some Common Symptoms and Sources of QuickBooks Error 3371:
Here are some signs that can help a user to identify that they are facing QuickBooks error 3371.
- There is a blockage that users face while opening the company file.
- The most common cause is, the error is mostly seen in and around the cloning process i.e from C:\ drive to a new hard drive.
- The QuickBooks Desktop is facing performance issues.
- QuickBooks software will seem to crash whenever the user tries to open it.
- If there is a pop-up of a notification of a mysterious HTML file. Then it is possible it’s QuickBooks Error 3371.
- Incomplete and faulty Windows updates can also be one reason for this error.
- If the connection to the QuickBooks Data file is lost.
Here’s how to fix the QuickBooks Error 3371:
A few common methods to resolve the following QuickBooks error are as follows:
Method 1: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
To perform a clean installation of QuickBooks follow these steps:
Step1: Removing QuickBooks Desktop
- Browse to the Windows Start Menu.
- Now, in the search panel type “Control Panel” and click and open the panel.
- From the panel click on Programs and Features or hit on Uninstall a Program.
- After the following step, browse your QuickBooks version and hit on uninstall.
- Uninstall by selecting Uninstall/Change.
- After completing the uninstallation process choose Remove.
- To end this process hit on Next.
Step2: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, make sure that your computer is meeting all the system requirements.
- From the Window, browse the QuickBooks.exe file and hit on Open.
- A window will appear with all the instructions.
- Now, follow all the given instructions. And, the software license agreement and then click on Next.
- After the subsequent step, Add your License and Product numbers and hit on the Next option.
- Now after installing, QuickBooks proceed to Activate and Update it to the latest version.
Method 2: Delete the ECML File
- Press the keys Windows+R together.
- A Window will pop up, now you need to enter or copy and paste it at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- As for the next step, browse to spot the Windows explorer.
- Now, Right-click and hit on the Delete option, in order to remove the ECML file.
- After removing the ECML file, proceed to close the Window.
- To run QuickBooks again, you need to register the product again.
Method 3: Shutting down all the Running Applications
- Start by closing QuickBooks.
- From the appeared Window choose all running QuickBooks processes and select Close.
- Now in the Run Window, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitelment Client\v8(or v6), after that hit on the OK option.
- Now, browse and open the Task Manager from the above step.
- Find and choose all QBW32.EXE instances in the Tab naming Processes.
- After the subsequent step, hit on End Task.
- For the last step, remove the EntitlementDataStore.Ecml file.
- After removing the file, Open the QuickBooks company file again and register the application to complete the process.
Method 4: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the 3371 Error Fix
Step 1: Using QuickBooks tool hub, run Quick fix my program.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, for the first step.
- Now proceed to download the most recent version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the system.
- Make sure you save the downloaded version of the Tool Hub.
- After saving the download, proceed to the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and hit Run.
- A window will appear with Intuit’s license agreement.
- Now, on the window choose the option Accept and Agree.
- Select on Finish option, once the Tool Hub is installed successfully on the computer.
- To Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, double-click on the Tool Hub icon.
- After the subsequent step, from the Program Problems tab browse and select Quick Fix my Program.
- To complete the process click on the OK tab and open QuickBooks to open the data file.
The above-mentioned information is laid out specifically to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 which takes place due to damaged files. There are a number of listed methods to correct the error occurring and stop the performance of the software.
If you are still facing any issues or have doubts concerning running the QuickBooks software subsequent to re-configuring the desktop, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks customer help-desk Via Call QB Expert or Live Chat and also through Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. Where can we acquire the information of the license number while reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop?
Answer: You can get all the needful information of the license number for your QuickBooks Desktop from your Account Management Portal.
Question 2. What to do if we get an access error message in renaming the folder while resolving QuickBooks error 3371?
Answer: When resolving Quickbooks error 3371 and renaming the folder, follow these steps:
🔸 On the Windows TaskBar, right-click on it and hit on the Task Manager.
🔸 Now, proceed to the Processes tab, and from the list hit on the Name Column.
🔸 End Process for each: QBFCMonitorService.exe, Qbc32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe.
🔸 End by selecting Yes
Other QuickBooks Help Articles: