The QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 happens when you try to upgrade, open, or restore the company file in your system. The message is shown on your screen as:-
Error -6123, 0
We’re sorry, but Quickbooks can’t open your company file.
Here are a couple of ways to fix the problem:
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Make sure your server is set up for the QuickBooks Database Manager.
How Many Reasons are there that Cause you the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 ?!
The different reasons that cause you the error code 6123 in your QuickBooks account are mentioned here. These reasons are important that you must know about to apply the solutions accordingly. The reasons are mentioned here:-
- The Windows operating system is not working properly
- Data files of QuickBooks are corrupted or damaged
- The firewall is blocking the company file to host on the server
- When you open the Same company file in the latest version of QuickBooks without converting it
- The file with .QBW extension is damaged
- When you have many versions of the QuickBooks database running in your system.
What is the Method to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 ?!
The method to resolve the error code is mention here so that you can do it on your own. Here are the detailed steps to fix it and then get back to your work.
Case 1- When you are facing issues while opening, restoring, or upgrading your company file
In this, also, do check that you are opening the file using QuickBooks, not Internet Explorer when you are facing issues. The steps are as follows:-
Step 1- Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix the issue
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software if it is open in your system
- Now download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then save the file in your system location where you remember
- Go to the saved file name QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then double-click on it to open it for installation
- The installation Wizard opens up, in this follow the instructions for the installation
- In the end, after clicking on the Finish button the installation completed successfully
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and open it
Step 2- You have to run the QuickFix my program
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub then select the option Program Problems
- Click on the QuickFix my program to run it
- It takes a few minutes to run but if you have more versions then it takes a bit longer to run
- You can see the progress bar to see its process of opening the tool
- When you are done with the QuickFix my program
- Then open the QuickBooks software and check for the error
If you are still facing issues then start processing Step 3.
Step 3- Do run the File Doctor Tool
The File Doctor Tool is used to repair the file; it generally scans the files and then resolves the issue. So, when you are not able to fix the issue using the Quickfix my program then use the Doctor Tool instead. The Doctor tool surely resolves the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 so, that you can do your work easily. The steps are as follows:-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Then click on the Company file issues
- After that, click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- When it starts running then in this select the company file
- Now click on the Check you file option and click on the Continue button
- Provide the admin credentials and click on the Continue
- The repairing process started and it takes time according to the size of the file
- When it finishes the repair process, select the company file
- After this click on the Open QuickBooks to open the file in the QuickBooks software
If you are not able to open your company file without any issue then proceed further maybe there is another issue that won’t resolve with the above process. Connect with the QuickBooks proadvisor to get the solution.
Case 2- When you are facing an issue while restoring the company file with extension .qbw
When you are restoring the backup in your QuickBooks account and it won’t open the company file. The steps are as follows:-
In this, to fix it, you have to restore the company file using the hard drive. If you have the backup file on the external storage device or network then move it to the local hard disk. After that don’t open it from an online folder of storage or and removable drive. You just open it on the local drive locally. To restore company file backup locally the steps are:-
- Open the QuickBooks software in your system
- Click on the File menu option
- Further, click on the Open or Restore Company option
- Now, click on the restore a backup copy option and then click on the Next button
- Choose the option of Local Backup to restore the backup locally
- Again, click on the Next button to proceed further
- Now, browse for the backup company file in the local drive that is with the .qbb extension
- When you get the file then select the location of the folder where you want to save the restored company file
- Then click on the Open button
- When its done click on the Save button to save it and if you get the message pops-up on your screen like overwrite your data then select the option that you want to do (In case, you don’t know whether to overwrite it or not then don’t do it click on NO or disagree with it.)
- You are done with restoring the file.
Case 3- When you are facing the issue while restoring the backup file on the new system
In the case of a new system, you have to create a portable company file with a .qbm extension. After that, you have to use this portable file to restore the company file. The steps are as follows:-
- First of all, Open the QuickBooks desktop software on the same system in which you create the backup of the company file
- Now, open the original file in the software from which you took the backup
- Create the Portable copy with the .qbm file extension of the company file
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop then login as the admin
- Select the option Create a copy from the file menu option
- Further, select the Portable company file and then click on the Next button
- Name the portable file with a unique name that saves it separately so that you can identify it
- Choose the location to save this portable company file. Do choose the location that is easy for you to find when required
- When it is done then click on the Save button and then click on the OK button.
- After that, open the QuickBooks Desktop on the new system now
- Restore the company file with the help of a portable file with .qbm extension without using the backup file
- Open QuickBooks software then click on the File menu option
- Select the Open or Restore Company option
- Choose the Restore a portable file option that you just created
- Click on the Next button to continue
- Choose the portable file with .qbm extension and then click on the Open button to open it
- You have to read Where do you want to restore the file page and then click on the Next button
- In the end, when it is ready to open then click on the Save button, and you are done.
Now, when you open the restored portable file in QuickBooks then it automatically reindexes the data so this helps in fixing the problem you are facing.
Case 4- If there is an issue of Network data file that cause QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
In this case, you have to fix the data files that are damaged. The steps to fix these files are as follows:-
- In your system, open the Start menu
- From the Start menu, click on the Explore option
- Open your company file
- Then right-click on the file having .nd extension
- Now rename the file by adding the old at the end of the file name
- When you open QuickBooks then it automatically creates the new file in the location.
The QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 happens because of the company file issues. To fix the issues of company files there are many scenarios according to that you have to process the solutions. So, you have to identify the reason and then check the case to apply the solution that helps you to resolve the issue. Still, if you are facing any problems or queries then connect with the QuickBooks Error helpdesk team who is here 24/7 hours to help you out. You can reach them anytime from any location to get the solutions to all your glitches.