QuickBooks Error H202: If a dialogue box saying “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting” pops up on the screen then it indicates that the connection that helps in storing QuickBooks company files (QBW) has been blocked.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H202?
The QuickBooks error H202 is linked to QuickBooks multi-user mode errors. In the transition from QuickBooks to a Multi-user network mode, users frequently report receiving QuickBooks error H202 in QuickBooks. The user will further be unable to right to use the QuickBooks Company file if the communication with the server computer is blocked.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error H202:
When QuickBooks attempts to connect to the company file but is unable to connect to the server, the QuickBooks error h202 occurs.
There are a number of possible reasons why this takes place:
🔸 The configuration settings are hosted incorrectly.
🔸 Blocked incoming and outgoing communication of the Windows firewall.
🔸 The Database Server Manager is corrupted or damaged.
🔸 The DNS server has an incorrect server address or the DNS server is nonexistent.
🔸 There is some issue while tracking the IP address of the host system or server hosting the company file.
🔸 Services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBFCMonitor aren’t running on the server computer.
Here’s How to Quick Fix the QuickBooks Error H202:
The QuickBooks error h202 is very common and can be resolved with the following steps.
Method 1: On the server, download and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can follow the steps mentioned below to host the company file using the Database Server manager efficiently.
Step1: Download and install QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Open the Window for the QuickBooks Tool Hub Download page and then click on the QuickBooks tool hub version in use.
- Go to the download location and then download the Setup_QuickBooks.exe file.
- A prompt will appear, asking for the license number or the product key.
- Fill in the number and follow the installation instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, then double-click on the icon.
- The icon is on the Windows Desktop tab on the QuickBooks tool hub.
Step2: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
🔸 Start by clicking on Network Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
🔸 After that step, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
🔸 A prompt will occur in case, QuickBooks isn’t on your server.
🔸 Now, browse the company file and hit on Start Scan.
🔸 Automatically the firewall permissions will be repaired.
🔸 After the process is done, click on Close.
🔸 Now, proceed by opening QuickBooks on every workstation where the QB error H202 is present.
🔸 Choose File and then Tab on the switch to Multi-user mode.
Method 2: Verifying the QuickBooks Hosting
Ensure that the QuickBooks services are running on your server computer.
- The first step is to Open QuickBooks hosting system.
- Now, select File and then further tap on Utilities.
- After the following step, Tab on the list of Host Multi-user to access.
- For the subsequently step, “Stop Hosting Multi-user Accesses” appears select it.
- Hit on the Yes option, and make sure the company file is closed.
Method 3: Check the services on your server
Take up the following steps to check QuickBooksDBXX and follow the same with QBCF MonitorService.
🔸 First of all, tab on Windows Start Button.
🔸 Now in order to run the program, press the keys Windows+R.
🔸 Type services.MSC into the run window.
🔸 After the following step, hit on Enter.
🔸 Now find QuickBooks on the list and double-click on the same.
🔸 For the startup type, choose Automatic.
🔸 Select start, if the service status is not started or running.
🔸 After starting the service status, proceed and hit on the Recovery Tab.
🔸 From the drop-down menus: First Failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failures.
🔸 Choose, Restart the Service from the above-mentioned menu.
🔸 Tab on Apply, and for further saving the changes hit on OK button.
🔸 For QBCFMonitorService follow these steps again.
To check if the QuickBooks error H202 is resolved go to the File menu and select Switch to Multi-user Mode. If everything works fine it’s resolved.
You May Also Read: What’s new in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
Method 4: Add services to your server’s Windows admin group
Allow admin permissions to QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on your server computer. If you haven’t done this already then take up this step.
Put Windows admission consents to split the corporation file. Here’s how to do it:
Step1: Verify that the permissions are set correctly
- Open the File explorer present in the Windows Start menu.
- Now, right-click on the company file folder.
- After selecting the company file, hit on the Properties tab.
- Choose Advanced, from the Security tab.
- After the subsequent step, click on the QBDataServiceUserXX and then hit on Edit.
- Push the following setting to allow for all the mentioned options:
- Read Attributes
- List Folder/Read Data
- Write Attributes
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- Read extended Attributes
- Create Folders/Append Data
- Read Permissions
- Create Files/ Write Data
Step2: If the permissions aren’t set correctly:
- On the company, file right-click and choose Properties.
- Click Security, and hit on edit
- After this, browse QBDataServiceUserXX and click on Full Control.
- Now, proceed and Allow.
- Select Apply and the for completion hit on OK button.
Method 5: Configure your Firewall settings for QuickBooks
Check that the server computer firewall settings aren’t preventing QuickBooks from running.
🔸 For this, see Configure Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks in order to set up Windows firewall exceptions.
🔸 Once the firewall permission is set, proceed to Open Quickbooks through the firewall.
🔸 Now, go to the File menu and hit on Switch to Multi-user mode.
Method 6: Ping your Server from each Workstation
Pinging the server computer from the workstation ensures that there are no network connection errors preventing QuickBooks installed on the workstation from accessing the company file stored on the server computer.
To check the connection, ping your server from a workstation.
Enable Network Discovery on your server computer and any workstations that are experiencing QuickBooks Error H202, here’s how to do it:
🔸 On your server and workstations, open the Windows Start menu.
🔸 After the initial step, search and open the Network and Sharing Centre.
🔸 Now from the Sharing Centre, choose Change advanced sharing settings.
Steps for acquiring the server name from your server:
- For the first, on your computer server, open the Windows start menu.
- Proceed and type Run in the search box.
- Now, hit on the open Run box.
- In the Run box, you need to type “CMD” and tab on the Enter key.
- After the subsequent step, in the CMD window type “IPconfig/all” and click on the Enter key.
- You will find the hostname on the right side of the Windows IP configuration section.
- In order to access it at the earliest, you may copy the hostname somewhere or any word document.
For every QuickBooks error H202, these steps shall be repeated.
If you receive a response for each packet with no loss, your server is functioning properly.
Method 7: Delete and Rename the .ND file
- Here’s how to fix the corrupt .ND file
- Type.ND in the search box and hit on the Enter button.
- Now, right-click on the.ND file and press Delete in the Results window.
- A prompt will occur asking for the Deletion.
- Allow the prompt to complete the deletion process.
- Then next step is, select the Windows start button.
- Now, Select All Programs>QuickBooks>QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Search the hit on the Scan Folder tab.
- Add a new folder and then browse the company file folder.
- After the subsequent step, click on the OK button.
- In the Folder with the QuickBooks company files field, enter the path to the company file.
- For starting the scanning process, hit on Scan.
- After the scanning process is completed, select Close.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks 2022 Update the Latest Version of QuickBooks
Method 8: Add your Server to the Windows Host File
By including the server information in the host file, Windows is able to recognize the device and access the company file saved on the server.
Here’s how to do it:
🔸 Using Notepad access the windows hosts file.
🔸 The file can be viewed at (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\).
🔸 After viewing, if needed open Notepad as Admin.
🔸 Type the server’s IP address.
🔸 After typing the IP address, hit on the Tab key.
🔸 Now, add the server name from the File menu.
🔸 After the subsequent step, select Save.
🔸 As for the final step, hit on Exit.
You can check to see if the company file has become accessible and QuickBooks Error H202 has been resolved.
The above-mentioned steps are laid out to resolve the QuickBooks Error H202. The steps are concerned to eliminate the blockage in storing QuickBooks company files.
If you are still facing any issues or have doubts concerning the connection of the server, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks customer help-desk. The QuickBooks Experts team professionals are experienced and are available 24*7 at the most primitive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. Is it possible to resolve QuickBooks error H202 on Windows server 2012?
Answer: Yes, QuickBooks error H202 can be resolved on Windows server 2012.
Here’s how to do it:
Step1: In order to take up the right steps, check the server version.
Step2: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Setp3: After the subsequent step, proceed to restart the Base Filtering Engine Service.
Question 2. Is it possible to restore the data if it was not backed up before resolving the error?
Answer: There is a high probability of losing the data which is not originally backed up. Therefore, make sure that your QuickBooks Windows File data is backed up before resolving the QuickBooks error H202.
Question 3. Why is the code not working while updating the server name?
Answer: The code will work if there is space between pig and your server name. Exclude the brackets around the server name when executing this step.
“C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping servername_”