QuickBooks FCS Service is damaged in Windows 10 mainly arises due to disabled FCS service. Once you receive this error then it does not let you update your QuickBooks payroll update or QB Desktop because of missing Intuit FCS (File Copy Service).
What is Intuit QuickBooks FCS File?
FCS is basically used to manage the file transfer process during the application update. It is a common error that is usually encountered during the installation process of payroll updates and can be easily resolved by applying the below-suggested troubleshooting.
How to Detect QuickBooks FCS Service is Damaged in Windows 10?
With the listed following symptoms, you can easily detect the error which can be terminated unexpectedly:
- Your PC starts freezing for a few seconds
- Windows starts running sluggish
- Due to this error, your PC might crash also
- When you encounter an error then a message pops up with error code 15243 stated that “FCS Service is damaged”
The Most Possible Causes behind QuickBooks Intuit FCS Service Damaged Issue in Windows 10
There are a few main reasons due to which this error encountered in Windows 10. Check out the jotted down reasons:
- You might not be using the latest updates or due to outdated QuickBooks Payroll
- Because of damaged or corrupted QB file copy service
- Because of this error, QuickBooks may also stop responding
- You are running QuickBooks without an active subscription of payroll
- Due to infected virus or Malware
- Incomplete installation can also be one of the reasons behind the occurring of this error.
Solutions to Troubleshoot the Damaged QuickBooks FSC Service
If you’re also facing the same issue then you can apply one of the following discussed solutions that help you to resolve the error on your own. Let’s check out each method one after one:
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks File Cope Services
- Initially, press together Windows keys + R keys to open the Run Window
- Next, type the service.msc within the open search box and press the “Ok” button
- Now, look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS
- Once you find then make a click on the same
- After that, go to the Windows named QuickBooks FCS properties
- Hit the Manual option and then choose the “Startup Type”
- Finally, press the “OK” button and try to open the QuickBooks Payroll.
Solution 2: Install all available Windows Updates
- The very first, make a click on the Windows Start button
- Next, you have to type Update in the open search box
- And then press the Enter key
- Now, you can see a Windows update dialogue box pops up on your screen
- After that, hit the button named “Install Updates”
- And lastly, press the “OK” button.
Solution 3: Check for the Payroll Subscription
- In the very first step, launch your QuickBooks
- Next, go to the Dashboard of your application
- Now, select the Window which consists of the Maintenance page
- And then QuickBooks starts the payroll subscription validating process
- Once the subscription is done and then update your Payroll as well
- Once the update is successfully installed
- In the last step, you have to try to run your Payroll once again.
Solution 4: Edit the Internet Explorer settings
- Initially, launch your PC and then go to the “Internet Explorer”
- Next, go to the “Gear” icon and then select the “Internet”
- Now, you’ve to make a click on the Security tab
- choose the options named “Trusted sites”
- After that, hit the Site option
- And then you to enter the websites in the given space
- For US Version of QuickBooks: Add “.QuickBooks.com” and “.Intuit.com”
- For Canadian Version of QuickBooks: Add “.intuit.com” and “.QuickBooks.ca”
- Once you’re done with that, close the open Window
- And finally, click the Apply and then OK button.
Expectedly, with the above- suggested solutions; you are now easily deal with QuickBooks FCS service is damaged in Windows 10. In case, if still experiencing the same issue even after applying the above solution then it is suggested that get in touch with QuickBooks technical toll-free support helpdesk number 1800-942-6705. Another way to approach them is to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your queries details or do a live chat available all round the clock.