In QuickBooks, you can easily access the company file via the server system or host system. But while running with only this process, you may face some problematic issues in case of QuickBooks hosting mode is off.
This blog provides all related information and alternative solutions to figure out these issues as quickly as possible.
How to Repair this Issue “QuickBooks Hosting Mode is OFF”?
To repair this issue, you have to Perform the below steps:
- The first thing you have to do to track the server or host the system just like the Network Drive for all workstations
- Now, you have switch your system to the multi-user mode
- After that, you have to store the company file in the shared folder
- To resolve it quickly, connect with the QuickBooks support team
To Turn ON QuickBooks Hosting Mode off, you have to Install the QuickBooks Data Server Utility with these following steps
The first thing you have to do to install the QuickBooks Database Server Utility for configuring the QuickBooks server on multiple user modes.
- First of all, login into the system as an administrator
- For further processing, must be sure bout appropriate internet connections
- Now, download and install the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Then, go to the main menu and run the “QuickBooks Desktop“
- Hit the next click on the “File Menu” option
- Then, you have to choose the “Multi-user mode” option from the menu-list
- A confirmation message will pop-up on your screen, click on OK
- You are all set to add users in the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Then, choose the company and hit the click on the “Set up users & Password” option
- You can set up the username and password as per your according
- Enter the click on the “Add user” and you are all done with this process.
How would I able to Turn the Discovery On?
If you still find the QuickBooks hosting mode off then you have to switch another option to turn ON the mode of Network Discovery. This is an optional thing but it helps you to turn on for a better experience. Now, you will get access to view during the opening of any company file. This is possible when you open the file via the UNC path.
Windows operating system will give confirmation message on your screen whether you turned the option on of password sharing or not. If Yes appears, then you are all set to login easily just by entering the encrypted network password. If you want to off, you have the option for it also.
- First, open “Control Panel”
- Then, select “Network Sharing Center” from the list menu
- Hit the next click on the “Change Advanced Sharing Setting” option
- Now, open the profile that you are utilizing now
- After that, Head towards the “Network Discovery” option and then choose Turn ON
- Go to the “Password Protected Sharing Option” and choose “Turn Off Password Protected Sharing” option
- At last, click on the “Save Changes” and you are all done with this process
- Click on Save changes
To Resolve the QuickBooks Hosting Mode OFF Issues, you need to follow the same procedure on all the systems
- Firstly, Open your Company File
- Now, open the QuickBooks and choose the “File” from the main menu
- The next thing is to do to choose either open option or Restore the company File option
- After that, find out the company file that you need to open
- Choose the file along with .qbw extension and hit next click on “Open”
- Again, you enter the login credentials and perform the same process.
The above-mentioned steps help you to figure out this issue. In any case, if you stuck anywhere with any step or unable to figure out, just dial the QuickBooks helpline number +1-800-942-6705. At your service, they provide 24/7 customer support availability. To clear all doubts regarding QuickBooks, do LIVE CHAT with QuickBooks Pro-Advisors (The link is available at the right corner of the website) or drop all questions at this email address firstname.lastname@example.org.