Facing Sage 300 Web APi Authentication Not Working Error! Are you looking forward to learning the usage of the Web API but can not figure out how to authenticate it? If you answered that question with an affirmation, the below article will help you understand the error.
The error will most probably arise with the authentication when you try to access any endpoint with the Sage system.
To begin with the process follow the standard steps mentioned below:
- Open your system
- On your desktop, go to playstore
- In playstore, download Sage 2019 Server name SQL 2014 on the 2016 server
- Then install the server on your computer or laptop
- The server will start to showcase on your IIS console.
Understanding the Sage 300 Web APi Authentication Not Working Error/Issue
If the swagger is loaded on the internet, the whole process will load up as it is supposed to, but on the app downloaded above there will be an authentication problem. This issue can arise because of a few issues.
Causes of the Error/issue
🔸 The ID and the password are incorrect.
🔸 You have forgotten the ID password.
🔸 The system is denying the correct ID password entered on the system.
Things to check before attempting for resolution
Even before attempting to look for a probable solution for your problem make sure of four things:
- Make sure that your web screens are installed properly on the system.
- The user name that you are using for logging in to the system. This user name should be using C# code, namely, POSTMAN, as well as Swagger
- If you are the system admin, ensure that you have enabled the admin access to this web API in both these places. The tag that needs to be set is “ <add key=”AllowWebApiAccessForAdmin”value=”true”/?”>” for both the modes, online as well as API
- Try using the Swagger UI to access or update Sage.
Sage 300 Web APi Authentication Not Working solutions
Solution 1: Create a User on your Sage
- In Sage, create a Sage user with any name and a fixed password. For Instance, if you create a user named Sage API and set the password as Sage API, after which you allow this user super permissions on the Web API server to this Sage API user in all the possible modules.
- Give permissions to the Admin to log in via the web.config
- Restart the IIS
- The reboot the server
- Then restart again
Solution 2: Alter the host file to point request
- Open event viewer
- In the event viewer, click on the system icon.
- A DNS warning will appear stating that “SAMINC could not be found” and also “SAMLTD could not be found”
- Alter the host files to point request made for hostnames to 127.0.0.1
- Convert or alter the names to 127.0.0.1 samltd and 127.0.0.1 saminc.
- Your system will be authenticated and you will be able to work
To Sum Up the Discussion
The above mentioned solutions should probably be enough for your query resolution of “Sage 300 Web APi Authentication Not Working” but in case the error or issue still persists, contact our sage experts team. We are always here to help you out with all the possible solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. What can I do if I am Getting Sage 300 Web APi Authentication login error?
Answer: If you’re operating the ADMIN account, you’ll really ought to change the “AllowWebApiAccessForAdmin” setting in the Web.config file to Real or True.
Then, regardless of whether the user account was used to log in, make sure that both the username and password are in upper case, as the API demands.
Question 2. What can I do if I am Getting “unauthorized error displayed” message on my screen?
💠 Disable Windows Authentication for the Default Site in Sites. In IIS, Sage 300 Web Api
💠 If you’re not using ADMIN, you’ll also need to establish the Web API user in Sage.
💠 In Sage, the Web API user you establish must have the right security.