Sage 50 is accounting software that helps in managing business accounting activities related to financials. However, it is also prone to certain glitches or issues and Sage 50 balance sheet out of balance is such an error that restricts the application to match the ledgers because of an unforced error. With the help of easy fixes methods that are covered under this ultimate guide, you can easily fix this error.
What is the Balance Sheet in Sage 50 Accounting
Every company needs to maintain its balance sheet which is a document that captures all the liabilities, assets, profits, and losses date-wise. Earlier, accountants manually entered all the expenses, current assets, value of fixed, and other such financial data. Now, software tools like Sage 50 make it easier to maintain such balance sheets.
Let’s now have a look at the common issues related to balance sheets that are usually encountered by users while using Sage 50 software.
Common Issues in Balance Sheet with Sage 50
Check out the common issues that you might also face while operating software:
- Not all of the accounts were closed by the retained earnings account.
- The balance of accounts in the preserved earnings column does not correspond.
- The amount of the earnings account withheld was split with some other account.
- The financial year’s last day and the first of the new financial year show different balances with any transaction.
Causes Sage 50 Balance Sheet Unbalance:
- Your Account types have been changed
- May be Damaged your transactions and custom report
- Custom report missing in general ledger account
- If your account has a balance, but should be 0
Read more.. Generate Balance Sheet in Sage
Easy Fixes to Resolve Sage 50 Balance Sheet Out of Balance Issue
Perform the stage that is discussed below helps you to get rid of the error:
☑ Stage 1: Check for dented transaction issues
➥ Initially, go to the Report & Forms section
➥ And then select General Ledger option
➥ Next, fetch your report within the ledger
➥ Once you select the option then change the time frame to everyone
➥ And then press the “OK” button
➥ If the error ask you to close the dialog box of error also the ledger
➥ Then go to Form then file and then data confirmation
➥ Now, mark and select both tests and then begin
➥ After that, create the backup of files and then save it
➥ Once the above process completes
➥ Finally, you can check if the ledger should match.
☑ Stage 2: Reliability Checks
➥ The very first, close Sage 50 on all your workstations
➥ As well as admin workstation after closing all the workstations
➥ Next, go to Tasks option then system and then click on the “Change Accounting Period”
➥ Now, choose the period 1 and hit the OK button
➥ After that, click on the “Help” option and then
➥ Select “Customer Service” and then “Integrity Check”
➥ Perform tests for the sync journal as well as for chart of accounts
➥ At last, verify whether the ledger balance is matching or not.
☑ Stage 3: If the Balance still not matching then performs these steps
➥ Firstly, choose the Integrity Checks and then go to the box of journal balances
➥ After that, tap the “OK” button
➥ Now, access the integrity checks and then click on “Continue” option
➥ After that, hit the general ledger balances and then tap the “OK” button
➥ Finally, check out the ledger balance whether it is matching or not.
☑ Stage 4: Run standard general ledger trial balance report
➥ Run the standard General Ledger Trial Balance report without filter
Verify the ending debit and credit totals.
Connect with the Team for More Queries..
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solutions are helpful for you to rectify the Sage 50 balance sheets out of balance. In case, you are still facing the same issue even after performing the above steps then it is suggested you to reach out to the Sage 50 helpline team by making a call at toll-free helpdesk number. You can also reach out to them by dropping an email firstname.lastname@example.org or can do a live chat with a dedicated expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. How Can You Perform Integrity Checks If Your General Ledger Balance Is Incorrect?
Answer: If there is still an error or if the general ledger balance is out of balance, you must check the integrity.
1. First, disconnect Sage 50 from all other users.
2. Then go to tasks manager first, then to the system.
3. Once on the system, select Change Accounting Period.
4. Now to select the 01 periods, click OK.
5. After that, select Aid and move on to Customer Service and Integrity Check.
6. Then execute the Account Chart/Journal Sync Test.
7. Once done, check the account balance.
8. Finally, General Ledger should now be balanced.
Question 2. What are the steps to open the General Ledger Trial Balance to resolve Balance Sheet Out of Balance?
Answer: The steps to open the General Ledger Trial Balance to resolve Balance Sheet Out of Balance?
1. First of all open the subsidiary firms.
2. Select General Ledger from the Reports & Forms menu.
3. Now double-click Trial Balance in General Ledger.
4. Run the Trial Balance report from General Ledger without any filters.
5. Check that the final debit and credit totals are equal.
Question 3. How can you generate a backup in order to fix the Sage 50 Unable to Create error?
Answer: To address the Sage 50 Balance Sheet Out of Balance, use these steps to create a backup of your file:
1. To begin, log in to the firm for which you wish to create a backup.
2. For Sage 50 Premium or Quantum, make sure you’re in the single-user mode under administrator.
3. Now go to File, and then to Backup.
4. Go to the toolbar at the top of your Home screen to find the Backup icon.
5. Now specify the name of the file you wish to save in the Sage 50 Accounting Backup box.
6. After that, choose a backup storage location.
7. The file’s location in the directory. The software should not be utilized since it backs up the files in the SAJ folder.
8. The default for future backups is taken from the path of the most recent backup file.
9. Only replace an existing backup if you’re positive it’s what you want.
10. Finally, click OK to begin the backup process.