Sage 50 EFT Direct is an ergonomic feature found in Sage 50 that enables you to transfer data from your accounting files to the other accounting institutions for several purposes such as fund withdrawal and direct deposit.
Sage 50 EFT Direct Error also referred as ‘Data Error’ is triggered because there can be ample reasons behind it. The most common factor causing this Sage EFT error to occur in the Sage 50 application software is the slow Sage EFT.
In this article, more such reasons are listed and the corresponding solution is also provided. Read this article thoroughly till the last so that you will easily be able to troubleshoot the Sage 50 EFT Direct error manually on your own. These instructions are directly given by the Sage expert team who is available 24/7 to help you out. For best results, you are just required to follow these methods in a step-by-step manner to set the application error free.
Also Read: Sage EFT Direct Canada
Primary Reasons that can trigger the Sage 50 EFT direct error
No matter what the error, it is always recommended to identify and understand it properly first and then go ahead to resolve it. Therefore, some of the causes of Sage 50 EFT Direct Error are listed below for your help. You may have to face this Sage EFT error when:
- The EFT Direct takes a long time to generate your file.
- The EFT Direct encounters while you are reading the data file.
- EFT file generation does not take place.
- The transactions are not able to be pulled up in the EFT direct.
Also Read: Sage Intacct Login Issue Solution
Resolutions to fix the Sage 50 EFT Direct error
Since you must know the possible reasons behind the occurrence of Sage 50 EFT Direct error by now, it’s the good time to learn about the troubleshooting methods to resolve this error in your Sage 50 application software.
Method 1: A/P generation
- To begin with, make the backup of the company file after opening the Sage 50 software.
- After that, you need to choose the option ‘Maintenance and clear data’.
- Once done, you are then required to select the option ‘clear paid transactions’ followed by the option ‘Clear Paid Vendor Transactions’.
- Now, choose the box that is named ‘include inactive vendors’ and then Clear Lookup data for all the transactions that are already paid.
- Then, you need to tap on the ‘Select All’ option.
- The next step is to run the Vendor aged detail report and make sure that no duplicate cheques are used.
- Then, you also have to ensure that there is no use of quotes and commas in any of the cheque numbers.
- The date you need to choose on line Clear Transaction Paid or Before. Also, the date is not from the last fiscal year or the ongoing year.
- Finally, the last step is to hit on the Ok button to apply all this.
Also Read: Sage 50 payroll update 2022
Method 2: A/R generation
- Firstly, you have to open the Sage 50 application software.
- After that, do not forget to create a backup of your company file data
- Once you are done with the backup of the company file, the next step is to select the ‘Maintenance’ option.
- Then head on to the option ‘clear data’.
- Once done choose the option ‘Clear Paid Transactions’.
- You are now supposed to tap on the ‘Clear Paid Customer Transactions’ option.
- Then, you need to check the option ‘Include inactive customers’ followed by ‘Clear lockup Data’ for All Paid Transactions.
- Once done, tap on the ‘Select All’ option and then you need to verify it.
- Now if you want to check that there is no use of duplicate receipt numbers then you have to run the customer aged detailed report.
- You should not forget to ensure that the receipt numbers do not include any quotes and commas.
- You now need to choose the correct date in the Clear Transactions Paid or Before option.
- Ensure that the date must not be in the past or current fiscal year. Finally, tap on the OK button.
Learn How to resolve your activation key for sage 50 has expired
Method 3: Payroll generation
- Make sure to do the backup of the company file in your Sage 50.
- Then, you need to tap on the Maintenance option and then choose the option clear data.
- Now the next step is to choose the ‘Clear Paycheque Details’ option.
- You should know that if the data is in large amounts then this process may take longer to complete.
- Finish the process by deleting the employees who have not been paid from the last 7 years.
How can you get in touch?
This article consists of all the ways you can use to resolve the Sage 50 EFT Direct Error. Still, if you are struggling with any kind of problems or have any doubts then simply you just need to reach out to the Sage customer helpdesk team for better assistance as the experts are well-experienced and know how to handle Sage 50 errors along with their related issues. The team members will be more than happy to help you out by providing the best possible solution to your problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. What important things should I keep in mind before I go and resolve the Sage 50 EFT Direct Error?
Answer: There are some prerequisites that must be kept in mind before going ahead with the resolution of Sage 50 EFT Direct Error. Take a glance at the following pointers to know more.
1. Up-to-date Windows on your server.
2. Good Internet connection.
3. Updated version of the Sage 50 application software.
4. A backup of the company file.
5. Correct settings on the Firewall.
Question 2. What are the steps to create a backup of the company file to troubleshoot the Sage 50 EFT Direct Error?
Answer: Here are the steps to do that.
a. Log in to the Sage 50 application.
b. Open the ‘File’ menu.
c. Select the option named ‘Backup’.
d. Then, Hit the ‘Back Up Company File’ tab.’
e. Tap on the ‘Browse’ button.
f. Make changes to the file name as required.
g. Indicate the location of the file.
h. Tap on the ‘Save’ option.
i. Finally, hit the Ok button to begin the backup.
Question 3. How can I update the Sage 50 software to resolve Sage 50 EFT Direct Error?
Answer: It is very important to use the latest version of Sage 50 software to help prevent the occurence of Sage 50 EFT Direct Error. Get the following steps in use to do this.
1. Open the Sage 50 application by double-clicking on it.
2. Head on to the Services menu.
3. Check for Updates available.
4. Select the Check Now option.
5. Tap Download to download the update.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to finally install the update.
7. Finally, Close the Sage 50 application.