Sage 50 Error 1606 is a common error found in the Sage 50 accounting software. In simpler words, it is an installation error that is encountered at the moment you try to remove the Sage taxation from your server. You can also face this sage error code 1606 if you install or uninstall the Microsoft program from your computer system as it may influence the Sage software.
Are you looking for How do I fix error code 1606? This article is all about the brief description, root causes, and the solutions to fix Sage 50 Error 1606.
Read this article thoroughly till the very end to help yourself out with this error which occurs while displaying an error message ‘Error 1606 Could not access Network Location. INVALID’.
Root Causes behind Sage 50 Error Code 1606
Now that you know what exactly Sage 50 Error 1606 is, before jumping on to the resolution part let us quickly have a look at the possible reasons or causes that can raise this error message and they are:
- The installation file you are working on is either corrupted or damaged.
- Unable to locate or find the file.
- The file may be damaged.
- The user profile is misplaced or even damaged.
- Your computer server is affected by a malicious virus or keylogger.
Debugging the Sage 50 Error 1606
Once you know about the possible reasons resulting in this sage 50 installation error code 1606, now is a good time to learn about the methods/ways/approaches that you can consider to troubleshoot/fix Sage 50 Error 1606.
The troubleshooting process requires the installation of the Sage practice suite common server component once again along with its reparation. This operation can be done in two ways which are described below:
Also Read: Sage X3 2021 Reviews, Pricing, Demos
Method 1: Make use of DVD for the installation process
Make use of the following steps to do this and resolve sage error code 1606:
- Access My Computer from your Desktop and open the folder ‘File Explorer’.
- Navigate ‘disc contents’ and then choose ‘Prerequisites’.
- As the next step, click on the SuiteCommonServer along by executing the SuiteCommonServer.msi file.
- Now, return to the option ‘Programs’ and tap ‘Features’.
- Last but not least, uninstall the Sage Taxation. Make sure that you do not end up removing any other constituents.
You must know that this method is among the simplest and most sorted ways to re-install the ‘Sage Practice Common Server Component’ on your computer system.
Also Read: Sage Intacct 2021 Reviews, Pricing, Demos
Method 2: Opting for the Download process
Before you proceed with the downloading part, you must keep in mind that the software version you are going to download now must be the same as that you uninstalled previously.
Once verified, follow the steps listed below to continue with the download part:
- Hit the Download button twice to run the application on your system.
- Open the File Window and keep it as it is. Remember that you do not have to hit the Next button.
- The next step is to press the ‘Windows Start’ and ‘R’ keys together to open the ‘temp directory’. Post this, a ‘Run’ dialog box gets displayed on your computer screen.
- Now, go to the Search dialog box and type ‘%temp%’ in the space provided.
- Hit the Ok button. After this, you will find that a new window appears on your computer screen which is the temp directory.
- Then, go and look around for the folder that is named as ‘WZSE.0’.
Note that this may not be the exact name of the folder browsed. The last credential (digit after the full stop) might be different. But, you have to pick the one whose last digit is having the highest numerical value.
- After completing the above step, you are required to explore ‘Prerequisites’ followed by ‘SuiteCommonServer’ and execute the SuiteCommonServer.msi file one more time.
Having followed this installation process will automatically lead to the re-installation of the ‘Sage Practice common server component’ on your computer system.
- Now, go to the installation pop-up menu received in the first step and tap ‘cancel’.
- The final step is to head back to the option ‘Programs’ and then the ‘Features’ tab.
This step-by-step approach will help you out in successfully uninstalling the ‘Sage Taxation’ file from your computer system without having removed any of the other components.
Follow both of the methods described above carefully and check whether the Sage error code 1606 is resolved or not.
This particular article is aimed to make you familiar with the Sage 50 Error 1606, its preliminary causes, and the associated troubleshooting methods you must follow to handle the error manually. Even if this could not help and the error persists, reach out to the Sage customer helpdesk team for better assistance as the professionals have years of experience when it comes to handling the Sage errors and their related issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. What things should be kept in mind before trying to fix Sage 50 Error 1606?
Answer: Before you proceed to resolve Sage 50 Error 1606, ensure the following prior:
a. Your server windows are updated.
b. You have proper connectivity to the Internet.
c. You have updated the Sage 50 software updated to its latest version.
d. There is a backup created for the company file.
e. The settings on the firewall are made appropriately.
Question 2. How to create a new user profile if the previous one is damaged or corrupted to fix Sage 50 Error 1606?
Answer: Follow the steps below to do this:
a. Choose User Management from the Settings tab.
b. Click on ‘Invite User’.
c. Type the e-mail id of the user in the space provided and tap ‘Save’.
d. Choose if you want the new user to access the System Manager.
e. Choose how much access you allow the user to have.
f. Click on ‘Save’ to save the changes.
Question 3. Why does a virus or malware lead to Sage 50 Error 1606?
Answer: If your system or software is infected by a virus or malware, it may result in errors because a virus can:
a. Hamper the installation process.
b. Lead to loss of data/files.
c. Cause traffic that leads to system/software hang.