In this article, you will learn what is Sage 50 Error 8591, primary reasons, and its resolution. Sage is one of the most successful accounting software which is so popular among the users. In the last some years Sage reached everyone because of its features and quality. But sometimes users complain about the error 8591. This is one of the most disturbing errors, however, solutions are also available for the same.
What is Sage 50 Error 8591
Sage error 8591 is one of the error happens while working with Sage and mainly happens due to incompatibility between server and the database where Sage 50 program is unable to connect with the pervasive and results in this error.
Causes of the Sage 50 Error 8591:
Some of the main causes are given below
⚠️ Discrepancy between server and pervasive engine
⚠️ When Windows can’t start pervasive then also this leads to Sage error 8591
⚠️ When PSQL can’t run properly then also it shows the error 8591
⚠️ When damaged pervasive is installed or firewall configures in a way which restricts pervasive to work normally
Methods to Resolve the Sage 50 Error 8591
Sage 50 Error Code 8591 can be resolved through using the various methods, however, some common methods are mentioned below.
First of all, close all your program and reboot your computer. This one is the easiest and fastest way to solve minor issues as well. Now, restart the Sage 50 and check if Pervasive works well properly.
✅ Method 1 – Close W3dbsmgr.Exe Process
- Press Ctrl + Alt +Delete button simultaneously and then open the Task Manager
- Go to the Details or Process tab
- Now locate and select “w3dbsmgr.exe”
- To end up the process click the “End Process” option and click yes
- Follow the instructions showing on the screen.
- Reboot the pervasive service again and see if the error is resolved
✅ Method 2 – Uninstalling and Re-installing Pervasive Service
- First of all to uninstall pervasive service using Sage 50 Database Repair utility
- Download the Sage 50 Database repair utility
- Click Remove pervasive line >> Click Run
- This utility program uninstalls the Pervasive service completely
- To again install the Pervasive service again follow the “Install Pervasive” steps
- Once Pervasive service is installed again, check if now it works properly
✅ Method 3 – Reinstall and Upgrade Sage 50 program
- In this step you need to reinstall your Sage 50 and after installation upgrade it to its latest version
✅ Method 4 – Error on Windows 10 computer
- Enter the Start button
- Now in the search box type “Services.msc”
- Do right click and select the option “run as administrator”
- Restart the pervasive service and check if the Sage program is working fine
If still, you are unable to resolve the issues contact Sage 50 experts team, team is available 24*7 to assist you with the resolutions. Sage experts are polite, professional, and have many years of experience in the same domain. You can also live chat with dedicated and certified Sage experts. Alternatively, you can also email at [email protected] to get a response from our quick and fast Sage team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. How to reinstall Sage 50 program to fix Sage 50 Error 8591?
Answer: To reinstall Sage 50 program, follow these steps:
1. You can find the downloaded Sage 50 Accounting Installer files C:\Sage\Sage 50 Accounting Installer files 202. then double-click on launch.exe to install the required version.
2. Please insert the Sage 50 Accounting installation CD into your DVD/CD drive if you have one.
3. Please double-click the installer file SA 202**CP1.exe if you have downloaded Sage 50 software.
4. If you need the file for your server and an older version of Sage 50 automatically downloaded it on your workstation, go to the Sage 50 download folder:
🔸 Download Sage Software Simply Accounting from C:UsersPublicDocumentsSage Software
🔸 Copy the SA 202**CP1.exe executable to your server and runs it from there.
🔸 In Windows, look for SA 202**CP1.exe, then run it.
Question 2. What is the primary cause of getting error 8591 repeatedly?
Answer: There may be instances of deleted files or the appearance of new files. Although this occurs mostly due to viral infection contamination, this can also be caused due to runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes of runtime error. Clients may sometimes see a sudden decrease in web connection speed, albeit this isn’t always the case.
Question 3. How to upgrade Sage 50 using current software to resolve the Sage 50 error 8591?
Answer: Follow the steps mentioned below to upgrade Sage 50 using current software to resolve the Sage 50 error 8591:
1. As System Admin, open your Sage 50 files in single-user mode.
2. Next, select Product Upgrade Sage 50 from the Help menu.
3. Substitute the old serial number for your new one.
4. Select an option now. Please return my key code taken from Sage 50
5. Choose “Use this key” and manually enter the key.
Note: if you don’t have a web connection, it will say Sage 2020 failed to update Sage 2022).