Sage 50 accounting software is one of the prominent solutions for financial and accounting records. It has numerous improved features that significantly enhance the market demand. However, while operating sage, sometimes there may take place several errors. Among those, Generic Com error is an irritating issue that interrupts emails, and users are often unable to send all emails. In this article, we will learn how to fix the Sage 50 Generic Com error.
What is Sage 50 Generic Com Error? Mail Sage Com
When users access Microsoft Outlook to send email from Sage 50 often face Generic Com error message. It will become a barrier to sending documents through email. It can be due to report-specific problems or improper settings.
What are the Reasons for Sage 50 Generic Com Error? Unable to Send All Emails
- Multiple Versions of Outlook may create conflict
- User Account Control (UAC) is turned on
- Improper email setting
- Improper or damaged corrupted email setting
What are the Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve Sage 50 Generic Com Error? Mail Sage Com
Here are the steps you need to follow:
⭐ Solution 1- Verify you use a Compatible Microsoft Outlook Version:
- The users require checking the version of Outlook is compatible with Sage 50
- Install the available updates for the Outlook version
- Once completed, the downloading now attempts to send an email.
⭐ Solution 2- Check Run as administrator settings identical to Outlook & Sage 50:
Follow the steps:
- Close the Sage Software
- Do a right-click on the Outlook Shortcut.
- Choose Properties
- Hit on the Compatibility button
- Verify if the checkbox named Run this Program as an Administrator is chosen or clear
- Hit on OK button
⭐ Solution 3- Verify if Microsoft Outlook Application opens correctly:
Here are the steps:
- Re-open Microsoft Outlook
- Check whether it correctly opens.
- Do a right-click on any file on the system.
- For instance, in a word document, choose the Send To button and then hit on Mail Recipient.
- If any issue displays or nothing happen, then proceed with the next solution.
⭐ Solution 4- Adjust Outlook Setting as the default mail provider:
Here are the steps:
- You have to press the Windows Button +R to open the run window.
- Enter Control/name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms
- Hit on the OK option
- Choose Set your default programs.
- Select Outlook
- Hit on Set this program as default
- Click on OK button
- Do right click on any document on your system.
- Hit on Send to and then choose Mail Recipient
- If a window of a new Outlook email window displays
- Now set as the default mail provider and you must attempt emailing the document again.
- If nothing appears or any issue message display, that specify the Outlooks is not configured correctly as the default mail provider.
- You can contact the local IT support to operate a repair Microsoft Outlook installation.
⭐ Solution 5- Verify User Account Control (UAC) is turned on:
Here are the steps to Switch User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 10:
- Open the search field in the Search field on the taskbar.
- Write UAC in it; if the search box is not visible, then do a right-click on the Start icon and then select Search.
- Hit on Change User Account Control Setting in the appeared window and then perform one of the following:
- For turning UAC off; now drag the slider down to never notify and then hit on OK button.
- To turn UAC on, you have to drag the slider up to the required security level and then choose OK.
- There may display a prompt asking for confirmation of the selection or write an administrator password.
- Reboot the system for applying the change
Need Advice or Support?
Here the post about How to fix Sage 50 Generic Com error completes! If still confused or having any questions in your mind, then Call Sage 50 Help desk phone number. The professional team is there for you to address all your queries. In case you need on-spot resolution, then use a live chat option and get instant answers while implementing solutions. You can even send an email with a query; one team member will get back to you as soon as possible.