Sage Error 1608 also referred to as ‘Installation error’ occurs by raising an error message ‘unable to create InstallDriver instance’. You may have to come across this error code either while you are trying to install sage 50 software without having the appropriate Windows user permissions or if there is a glitch with the Windows registry. This Sage Error 1608 code if encountered might disturb your workflow. Hence, it is very important to rectify this error timely else it may cause serious issues afterward.
This was all about the overview part. Read this article further to learn about the reasons that can trigger Sage Error 1608 or Sage 50 Error 1608 and the methods you can use to troubleshoot it.
Ground Causes of Sage Error 1608
No matter what the problem is, you should be able to figure out and analyze it first before going to the troubleshooting part. The reasons mentioned below can lead to the Sage Error 1608. Take a look below to learn about them and add to your knowledge.
- You have not logged in to your operating system in administrator mode.
- The installation of the Sage 50 accounting software could not complete.
- You are not granted the Windows user permission to install the Sage 50 accounting software.
- Your Windows registry has been hampered or corrupted.
Ways to troubleshoot Sage Error 1608
Resolving the Sage error 1608 is not an easy task. However, the following approaches/methods/ways can help you out. Have a look below.
Approach 1: Run Appeon Setup.exe on the sage software
Make use of the steps given below to get this done.
- To begin with, open the C:\drive and then run the install driver for IDriver.exe and Idriver2.exe.
- After having done with this, you are now required to run the file that is named ‘Appeon setup.exe’.
Also Read: Sage Intacct Login Issue Solution
Approach 2: Setting up the file
For this, adopt the following steps.
- To begin with, go and explore the Control Panel.
- Tap on the options System, Advanced, Program, and Virtual Memory respectively.
- After this, you have to do changes to the recommendations provided for the size and initials.
- You are now supposed to repeat the first and second steps.
- Do the required changes in the initials and set the maximum size to 0.
- You are now required to restart your computer system.
- After that, you have to set the file back to the size you want.
- Due to this procedure, it is compelled to re-create the page file.
Approach 3: Verify the installation of Idriver
- First of all, see if the Idriver is properly installed or not.
- Once done with the above verification, go and check for the file that is named ‘dIIexe’ in the C:\drive location, ‘directory C:\ Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32’.
- If you can find them, then you have to run all the available files except ‘ISRES1033.dII and Idriver.exe’.
- The final step is to run ‘idriver/regserver’.
Also Read: Sage X3 2021 Reviews, Pricing, Demos
Approach 4: Go to the Microsoft SQL Server
- Firstly you are supposed to tap on the option ‘Windows Start’.
- Secondly, you have to select the ‘Run’ option.
- After that, the Run dialog box is displayed. Fill ‘regedit’ in the search field present in the run dialog box.
- Having done with the above step will open the ‘Windows registry’ window on your desktop screen.
- Now, you have to browse to the ‘HKEY_Classes_Root\Installer\UpgradeCodes’ location.
- Then, left-click on the option ‘UpgradeCodes’.
- Make the use of the option ‘File\export’.
- You now need to export the folder ‘UpgradeCodes’ with the help of Selected Branch export range.
- Once done, ensure to rename the exported folder from ‘UpgradeCodes’ to ‘UpgradeCodesOld’.
- After that, you just need to manually install the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Now, import the exported folder that named ‘UpgradeCodes’ with the help of the option ‘File\Import’.
- Finally, you are required to launch the installation process of ‘Sage ACT!’.
After having followed the instructions mentioned above carefully, Check whether the issue is solved or not.
This particular article is aimed to make you familiar with the Sage Error 1608, its preliminary causes, and the associated troubleshooting methods you must follow to handle the error manually. Even if this could not help and the error persists, feel free to reach out to the Sage 50 expert customer helpdesk team for better assistance as the professionals have years of experience when it comes to handling the Sage errors and their related issues. They are available 24/7 to help you out in the best possible way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. What things should be kept in mind before trying to fix Sage Error 1608?
Answer: Before you proceed to resolve Error code 1608 in Sage 50, ensure the following prior:
a. The Server Windows must be updated to the current version.
b. You have a proper connection to the Internet.
c. The Sage 50 software needs to be updated to its latest version.
d. You must have created a backup of the company file.
e. Make appropriate changes to the settings on the firewall.
Question 2. How to login to my operating system as an administrator to debug the Sage Error 1608?
Answer: If you want to login to your system in the administrator you have to adopt the following steps to do so.
a. Choose ‘Start’ and fill ‘CMD’ in the space provided.
b. After that, you have to right-click on the option ‘Command Prompt’.
c. Now you have to select the option ‘Run as administrator’.
d. If the prompt succeeds, grant admin right to your computer by entering the username and password.
e. Fill ‘net user administrator/active:yes’ in the space given.
f. Finally, press the Enter key.