Sage is one of the advanced accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. However, being software it may also throw an error and today we will discuss about one of the Sage Error 1920.
Sage Error 1920 – Installation Issue
This error can appear while Sage installation. When users run multiple applications, then you might experience crashes and some freezes. There could be more causes and some of the main reasons are mentioned below.
Causes of Sage Error 1920
- Sage Auto Update Manager Service not able to start
- Sage 50 control service not start
- Sage 50 Accounts Data Service unable to start
While encountering Sage error code 1920 Sage Auto-update manager service unable to start, you need to verify to have sufficient privileges to start system service. You need to clear the temporary folder and for that simply log in as administrator and disable your antivirus.
Methods to Resolve Sage Error 1920
❶ Steps to Clear Temporary folder
- On your keyboard press the Windows and R key together
- Now in run window type %type% >>> click OK
- A new window will open containing all temporary files
- Click Ctrl+A then click the Delete button which deletes all the temporary files
- If you received any confirmation message select yes
❷ Steps to Restart your Computer and disable Antivirus
- First, restart your computer
- Login as Administrator
- Open your antivirus and disable it for the time being
- While the antivirus is disabled you can perform the software installation
❸ How to end Sage process
- Go to your Desktop
- Press Ctrl +Alt +Delete button simultaneously
- Now, go to task manager option
- Go to the Process tab
- Get the Sage/Central/AutoUpdateManager/Service.exe
- Click Sage/Central/AutoUpdateManager/Service.exe
- After that click on End task or end process to finish that process
- Close all the process starting with sg or Sage
- Now try to attempt the software installation
❹ Steps to modify permissions
- Press Windows +R key together
- Type explorer and click enter
- Next step is to browse C:\Program Files and then right-click and selected Properties on the common files
- Go to Security >> Advanced >> Owner Tab >> and Edit
- Now select administrator in the change owner section
- Click OK >>> Apply
- Select properties through right-clicking on common files
- Go to Security tab >>> Edit
- Except Creator owner give full access to every one
- Click OK and apply
- Repeat 7 step for Sage folder ( need to double click on Sage folder)
- Browse to C:\Program Files and double click common files and Sage
- Double click Central & AutoUpdateClient folder
- Now right click on each file which is available in the AutoUpdateClient folder
- Go to Properties >> Security >> Advanced >> owner Tab
- Confirm if the user is the administrator
- Check if the owner of the folder and permission to common files should apply to:
- Finally try to attempt the installation of Sage
Facing Issues while performing the above steps to resolve Sage Error 1920? Get in touch with the Sage 50 team, the team is available 24*7 to provide you with resolutions to get rid of every issue and error related to Sage 50. Team members are having many years of experience in the same field which enhances the problem-solving skills of Sage technicians. You can also email at email@example.com or fill the contact form to get a prompt response from our certified and dedicated Sage executives.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. What exactly is Sage Data Service Manager in Sage 50 ?
Answer: The Sage Accounting Data Service is installed on the computer where your Sage Accounts data is stored. The service serves as a gateway, controlling data reading and writing. Using this service enhances system robustness, data security, and performance.
Question 2. What is contained within the Temp folder?
Answer: The temporary folder, as the name indicates, stores files that are only needed temporarily. Unfortunately, these files are not usually destroyed when their purpose has been completed, resulting in wasted storage space. To access the temp folder, go to the Start menu or the Windows 8 seek allure, search percent temp%, and then choose the folder that displays.
Question 3. 1920 is a general error code that indicates that the service did not begin. How are you going to fix this problem?
Answer: To confirm, go into services.msc and manually set the username and password when the installation is on the abort, retry, ignore, cancel window. Whether the user was granted login as service right, try pressing retry on the MSI dialogue and see if it begins.