Managing or filing QuickBooks 1099 MISC Forms is one of the toughest tasks to handle. To help you QuickBooks is available which makes a smooth and easy process to fill 1099 MISC forms. This wizard saves your time while preparing, reviewing, and filing 1099 MISC forms. You can also fill the form 1096 if you are filing by email to the IRS.
How to Use 1099 Wizard in QuickBooks – Prepare and File 1099-MISC Paperwork..
Go to Vendors option, then click on Print/E-File 1099’s and finally click on 1099 wizard, and now 1099 wizard will open. To use this wizard and go ahead click on Go Started button. Now follow the below steps.
How to Select Distributors for 1099-MISC Paperwork
- To select the vendors this wizard shows you windows with the list of vendor names.
- From the list simply select the vendors who require 1099 MISC paperwork.
- Once it is done click on the continue button to proceed.
Verify knowledge of Distributors
- In this step, you will see a window named QuickBooks 1099 Wizard.
- It shows the vendor’s name which you can easily see and edit.
- This can be used while 1099 MISC paperwork.
- Just double click the cells to make the changes.
- Once done click on the continue button to go to the next step.
How to Map Seller Cost Accounts
In this section, you will be going to tell QuickBooks there from where the amount will be paid and a list of accounts will be shown on form 1099-MISC.
- Select apply payments to the 1099 box to open the drop-down to map the accounts or change the payments if any, from 100 MISC forms.
- If you see the message on your QuickBooks saying that your screen settings don’t match the current IRS thresholds then you should follow the below steps.
- Click on the hyperlink shows IRS 1099-MISC filing threshold and after that click the reset button to the IRS threshold.
Review your Bills for Exclusions
As per the IRS, you are required to exclude form from 1099 MISC electronic payment like a credit card, debit card, gif card, etc.
- If you have done the payments to the vendor using a debit card, credit card, gift card and you want to see with
- Click on view included payments and edit the check number field to mention an appropriate notation so that QuickBooks can exclude these payments from 1099 MISC.
- Click on view excluded payment to verify the excluded payments.
Confirm 1099 Entries
- At this point, the wizard will show a window which allows you to check the distributor abstract for which you are creating 1099 MISC forms, quantities are being reported for 12 months.
- By double-clicking any quantity, you can evaluate transaction main points.
Select the Method of Submission
In this step, you need to select the submission method.
- You can select any one method from the 2 methods given i.e. e-file and print.
- If you select the print method you need to print the 1099 form and then need to do all paper activity to submit the papers to IRS
- While in e-file you have to do everything electronically to submit the 1099 MISC form.
For any assistance, feel free and get in touch with the QuickBooks team. QuickBooks Helpline is available 24*7 to assist you with all the issues related to QuickBooks 1099 forms. All the QB experts are trained, polite, professional, and have a large experience in the same field. You can also email at [email protected] or fill the contact form to get a call back from one of the certified and dedicated executives.