The QuickBooks Error 1904 encounters when the user is installing the files of QuickBooks. It also happens when the folders and the files are not properly maintained in the system. It displays the error message on your screen as:-
“Error 1904: [filepath/name/extension] failed to register”
You get the error when you are doing the upgrade or the installation of QuickBooks desktop in your Windows system.
You have to resolve the error by doing everything properly. To fix it you must know about the reason for the error caused in your system and then implement the solution. Get all this information below to get it to resolve on your own.
What are the Reasons that Cause you the QuickBooks Error 1904:
Many reasons are there that help you to know about it so that you can implement the solution according to it. the reasons are as follows:-
- When you are done with the update or upgrade then you forget to restart your system. This causes you the error
- The company files are corrupted or damaged
- When the configuration of the files are not correct
- Issues in upgrade or installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- The version of QuickBooks or Windows is not updated
- You get the error mentioning the files qbupdate.exe, dll, and others. This displays when the Microsoft Visual C++ folder or file is damaged
- There are no permissions to read-write in the hard drive.
What are the Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904:
Here, you get the information on how do you fix this error in your system. Choose the solution according to the reason for the cause. The solutions are mentioned below that you have to perform step by step. The solutions are:-
Solution 1- Change the Settings of your Windows Account
For changing the settings of Windows, you have to login as the administrator as the admin has all the rights to do so. For this, you have to switch to an Administrator account if you are using another account or guest account. The steps for switching account are as follows:-
- In your system go to the search bar using the Start menu button
- Then in the search bar type the CMD and then from the options displayed go to the CMD
- Right-click on CMD and select the option Run as Administrator
- In the window of Command Prompt, write- net user administrator / active: Yes
- Then press the button Enter from the keyboard and after completing close the window
- Open the Start menu in your system by pressing the Windows key from the keyboard
- Select the option Sign out or Shut down
- Now Log in as the Administrator
- To log in you don’t want to enter any password.
After this, you have to change the permissions of the user. So, the steps are:-
- Open the File Explorer in your system
- Then go to the path C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles
- On the Common Files folder, right-click on it and then further select the option Properties
- Click on the tab name Security and then click on the Edit option
- Now, choose the users in the section of Group or User Names
- In the section of Permissions for Users, you have to allow the permission to Modify, Read and Execute, List folder contents, Read, Write
- In the end, click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
Solution 2- Fix the Components of Windows Manually
In this, you can easily do the repairing process of the Windows components by following the steps given here. These components are as follows:-
- Repair the Microsoft MSXML
- Firstly download the installation file naming msxml.msi in your system
- Save it on the desktop so that you don’t have to find it for installation
- In Windows 10, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows Vista
- In the Start menu, click on the Search field
- Then type the msiexec.exe or fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.mxi”
- Then from the search result double click on it or you can also press the Enter button from the keyboard
- When the installation is completely done then install the QuickBooks desktop in your system.
- In Windows 10, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows Vista
- Repair Microsoft .NET Framework
The repairing steps are for MS .NET Framework 4.5 or later
- In your system, open the Control panel
- Then go to the Programs and then again click on the Programs
- From the list of applications, choose the MS .NET Framework 4.5 or later
- Now right-click on it and click on the option Uninstall / Change
- Click on the Repair and then click on the button Next
- Follow the instructions that you can see on your screen
- At the end, when the repair is done; reboot your system and start using QuickBooks to check for the QuickBooks Error 1904.
Solution 3- Run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool using the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop in your system
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from the quality source
- Go to the saved downloaded file in your system
- Then double click on it to start the installation
- The steps you get on your display to follow
- Within the installation, also, agree to the terms and conditions of the application
- When the installation is done then locate the icon on your desktop
- After locating the icon, double-click on it to open it.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Initially, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Then click on the option Installation issues
- Click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The tool is running now and it takes a few minutes to run
- When it is done then you have to reboot your system and QuickBooks software also.
How to Reach the QuickBooks team:
In conclusion, the solution for QuickBooks Error 1904 is here with all the answers that what is it and how do you fix it. So do implement the solution according to the reason of the cause to fix it in an easy manner. You can reach the QuickBooks error solution team to get all the solutions for your queries and issues. The team is here to help you 24/7 hours. You can also connect with them via email or do a live chat. The professionals are here to assist you so that you won’t face the glitches anymore.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1. What is QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Answer: QuickBooks tool hub allows the user to access a variety of tools based on the challenges they’re having with QuickBooks desktop. If you have an installation problem for any reason, you can use the QB file doctor programme to fix it. This application is designed to work with Intuit’s new QuickBooks Tool Hub. As a result, you won’t need to install many tools to fix different types of error codes because you’ll find them all at the tool centre.
Question 2. How do I get QuickBooks Tool Hub and how do I install it?
Answer: The QuickBooks Tool Hub can help you fix common issues/errors.
🔸 QuickBooks should be shut down.
🔸 Open the file you just downloaded (QuickBooks ToolHub.exe).
🔸 Install the software by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
🔸 When the installation is finished, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to open it.
Note: If you’ve already installed Tool Hub, you can find out what version you have. The Home tab should be chosen. The version number will be displayed in the bottom right corner, or you may view it by clicking on About. However, we recommend that you download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.