QuickBooks FCS Service is damaged in Windows 10 mainly arises due to disabled FCS service. Once you receive this error 15243 then it does not let you update your QuickBooks payroll or QB Desktop because of missing Intuit FCS (File Copy Service).
What is Intuit QuickBooks FileCopyService..
FCS is basically used to manage the file transfer process during the application update. It is a common error that is usually encountered during the installation process of payroll updates and can be easily resolved by applying the below-suggested troubleshooting.
How to Detect QuickBooks FCS Service is Damaged Error 15243 in Windows 10?
With the listed following symptoms, you can easily detect the error which can be terminated unexpectedly:
- Your PC starts freezing for a few seconds
- Windows starts running sluggish
- Due to this error, your PC might crash also
- When you encounter an error then a message pops up with error code 15243 stated that “FCS Service is damaged”
The Most Possible Causes behind Intuit QuickBooks Error 15243 – Intuit FCS Service Damaged in Windows 10
There are a few main reasons due to which this error encountered in Windows 10. Check out the jotted down reasons:
- You might not be using the latest updates or due to outdated QuickBooks Payroll
- Because of damaged or corrupted QB file copy service
- Because of this error, QuickBooks may also stop responding
- You are running QuickBooks without an active subscription of payroll
- Due to infected virus or Malware
- Incomplete installation can also be one of the reasons behind the occurring of this error.\
Solutions to Troubleshoot the Damaged QuickBooks FSC Service Damaged Error 15243
If you’re also facing the same issue then you can apply one of the following discussed solutions that help you to resolve the error on your own. Let’s check out each method one after one:
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks File Cope Services
- Initially, press together Windows keys + R keys to open the Run Window
- Next, type the service.msc within the open search box and press the “Ok” button
- Now, look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS
- Once you find then make a click on the same
- After that, go to the Windows named QuickBooks FCS properties
- Hit the Manual option and then choose the “Startup Type”
- Finally, press the “OK” button and try to open the QuickBooks Payroll.
Solution 2: Install all available Windows Updates
- The very first, make a click on the Windows Start button
- Next, you have to type Update in the open search box
- And then press the Enter key
- Now, you can see a Windows update dialogue box pops up on your screen
- After that, hit the button named “Install Updates”
- And lastly, press the “OK” button.
Solution 3: Check for the Payroll Subscription
- In the very first step, launch your QuickBooks
- Next, go to the Dashboard of your application
- Now, select the Window which consists of the Maintenance page
- And then QuickBooks starts the payroll subscription validating process
- Once the subscription is done and then update your Payroll as well
- Once the update is successfully installed
- In the last step, you have to try to run your Payroll once again.
Solution 4: Edit the Internet Explorer settings
- Initially, launch your PC and then go to the “Internet Explorer”
- Next, go to the “Gear” icon and then select the “Internet”
- Now, you’ve to make a click on the Security tab
- choose the options named “Trusted sites”
- After that, hit the Site option
- And then you to enter the websites in the given space
- For US Version of QuickBooks: Add “.QuickBooks.com” and “.Intuit.com”
- For Canadian Version of QuickBooks: Add “.intuit.com” and “.QuickBooks.ca”
- Once you’re done with that, close the open Window
- And finally, click the Apply and then OK button.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop:
- First, Backup your company file data
- Open Control Panel on your system
- Go to Programs and Features
- Select unnecessary program to Uninstall
- Select QuickBooks program then choose Uninstall or Change
- Press on Continue and Next
- Click on Repair option
- After QBDT repair complete
- Hit on Finish and Restart your system again
Expectedly, with the above- suggested solutions; you are now easily deal with QuickBooks FCS service is damaged in Windows 10 and error 15243. In case, if still experiencing the same issue even after applying the above solution then it is suggested that get in touch with QuickBooks experts team helpdesk. Another way to approach them is to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your queries details or do a live chat available all round the clock.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. How can you get Tax Tables in QuickBooks to fix FCS Service is Damaged issue?
Answer: To download the most recent Payroll Tax Table updates, carefully follow the instructions below:
1. First, select employees from the menu bar.
2. Then go with “Get Payroll Updates” option.
3. Once on the payroll update, go to the “Download entire payroll update” option.
4. Once done “Update” should be selected.
5. When the download is complete, the user is prompted with the following message: “A new tax table and updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer.”
6. After you receive the message, accept the changes, click OK.
7. Finally, click OK once more.
Question 2. How can you update the QuickBooks Payroll to FCS Service is Damaged in Windows 10?
Answer: You can check for system updates by following the steps below:
1. First look for the link in the Additional information section.
2. Then click on the Product Update link to download it.
3. Now it will take you to the download product page.
4. Then to manually download the payroll update, select the Download tab.
5. If you are redirected to a new window informing you about the.NET Framework, return to the previous page. Click on the orange Download tab, then on the SA 202UP.exe link.
6. Now it will begin downloading the product update.
7. Finally after downloading the updates, run the file to begin the update installation.
Question. 3 Can Payroll Repair helps to Repair the Damaged QuickBooks FCS Service?
Answer: Yes, Payroll Repair is the solution to the FCS service’s error. This error occurs while working on the payroll. As a result, you can try all of the resolutions related to it. But, most importantly, you must choose a solution that is related to the cause of the error.