The Audit Trail feature of QuickBooks is the great and life savior feature. It is used to track the lost transactions of your account. It also helps you in monitoring the changes that are done in the QuickBooks data file by other users. In the case of multi-user mode, it becomes complicated and tracking lost transactions is not possible. Below are the steps so that you get to know how to turn on QuickBooks Audit Trail Report.
If we talk about why you require the QuickBooks Audit Trail feature then there are the things that you must know. These things are as follows because of that you need this feature:-
- You can easily train the employees of your organization. So that they get to know how to work properly in the QuickBooks software
- Using this feature the authority of the transactions is in your hand now in the company file of QuickBooks and even the entries that are done.
- The Audit Trail report provides you the summary or overview of old entries and the transactions. It is required if there is any kind of issue in your bank account like any inconsistency of the transactions or amount.
How Can You Turn on QuickBooks Audit Trail Report?
- First of all, open your QuickBooks account
- Click on the Edit menu option
- Further, select the Preferences option
- A box of Preferences open up
- You have to change the Accounting preferences of your account
- So, indicate the Accounting Preferences option by selecting it that is mention on the left side of the opened window
- Now go to the tab Company Preferences
- For using the Audit Trail, you have to tell the QuickBooks by calling them
- There is an Audit Trail checkbox that you have to select and then click on the OK button
- So that, you can call QuickBooks for using the feature of Audit Trail
- After this, the record is saved by the QuickBooks that the user do changes to the Accounting file.
For Customizing the Audit Trail Reports in QuickBooks
There are some fields that you have to customize accordingly. These are as follows:-
- Display- In this, you have many options that are displayed to you. The first option is for Report Date Range in which you have to enter the range of the date. The second field is the Days Entered/Last Modified. You have to enter the date when you have done the transaction so don’t get confused with this option. Then there is the checkbox saying Show the deleted transactions. Do select this option if you want to show all the deleted transactions.
- Filters- In the Filters tab, you can apply the filters for the transaction searches. The filters that are available to choose are name, customer job, amount, vendor, account, and others.apply the filter using the drop-down menu and choose accordingly. After that, provide the details that are required in the input box. You can also remove it by clicking on the button Remove Selected Filter.
- Header and Footer- Using this tab you can change the header and footer content of the report. The sections can be modified easily.
- Fonts and Numbers- For changing the way of the reports, you have to make changes in this tab. But if you don’t want to make any changes then you can go with the default settings. The default report setting you to get by following steps:-
- Go to the Edit option
- Then click on the Preferences option
- After that, you have to select the option Reports and Graphs
- Now, click on the Company Preferences tab
- Then click on the format.
You get the report of QuickBooks Audit Trail. So make sure that you see the right transactions as it has many transactions that would be the same but with different timings.
How to reach us:
All the information for using the Audit Trail feature in your QuickBooks account is provided above. So it would be easy for you to perform the steps for customizing the reports and also for how to turn on QuickBooks Audit Trail Report in your account. You can reach the QuickBooks customer support team via a toll-free number, email email@example.com, or do a live chat with professionals. The team is available 24/7 hours to assist you and provide you the solution for all your glitches.