Intuit has revealed the QuickBooks 2020 Desktop, which includes comprehensively interesting advanced features and benefits. Read this blog till the end to get a better understanding of its enhanced features that have come in the new released QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
QuickBooks Desktop 2020 It contains a variety of new and enhanced features that help users pay faster and function more effectively, while at the same time enhancing app stability and experience. Furthermore, users of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions find that this year’s release enhances the management of fulfilling customer order faster with greater precision by using mobile app technology.
Features of QuickBooks 2020 Desktop
However, this accounting software has been improving and iterating for many decades, so this version is not debuting anything earth-shattering like online help. What new users can find is more automation, functionality, better search, and other quality-of-life improvements. So let’s have a glimpse at its advanced features.
The 3 new added features in QuickBook 2020 Desktop
- Automated payment reminders: With QuickBooks, automation with bills, invoices, etc is nothing new, but notifications of customer payments had to be sent manually, until now. Now, when you sign in to QuickBooks, you will be informed of any past-due payments that you are owed, with the option of either automatically sending email notifications or reviewing and submitting them with one click.
- Automatically add customer PO numbers: This new feature adds a field to the customer invoice email template for PO numbers, thus saving you from manually adding PO numbers to your invoice emails. However, what makes this very useful is that QuickBooks will instantly take the PO number from the invoice template and add it to your invoice email subject line, making things even simpler for your clients and potentially improving your business relationships.
- Combine multiple emails: Every invoice was sent as a single email in earlier versions of QuickBooks, even though they all went to the same client. In QuickBooks 2020, you can only click a box to add several invoices to one file, cut down on your customers’ inbox clutter and make it easier for them to pay you.
Other new features of QuickBooks Desktop Pro, premier, and Accountant that are discussed below:
- Reset admin password simply: Now, with the help of this feature you don’t have to type a lengthy list of information to secure the identity for the company file admin password. You just need to select an email from the drop list and then enter the token that you receive for resetting the Admin password.
- Enhanced accessibility: This feature in the 2020 desktop improves users experience and now more accessible for visually challenged users at the time of preparing bills, invoices, and write check interfaces.
- Smart assistance: It gives an outstanding search experience and improves content for users. Moreover, users just need to hit the F1 key to tap into the improved help system or connect with live chat any time. This feature is available in all versions of QuickBooks Desktop 2017 to 2020.
- Collapse columns in reports: That is more an enhancement in user interface than a new functionality, but if you have very detailed reports you appreciate the ability to compress columns, making them easier to read and display.
- Company file search: With the help of this feature, you can easily find the company files with addition of search option on the No company open screen.
- Payroll status for direct deposit enabled customers: Now, you don’t need to check email or calling QuickBooks Experts team just Be sure of the payroll by observing the comprehensive status of the payroll run for direct deposits.
Improved Features of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0
It has all new features that are listed above including:
- Landed cost: When factoring in freight, fees, insurance and other miscellaneous costs incurred during the purchasing process, this feature helps you to have better insight on real product costs. In addition to the selling price, the actual cost of product / inventory items will include several other costs. Furthermore, with this feature you can easily allocate these additional expenses and costs to your item bills and keep a better track of all your expenses.
- Express pick-pack: The picking and packing operations can be performed as part of a single Workflow makes the process easier and helps the same person to carry out the tasks of picking and packaging. This is in addition to workflows already in operation.
- Alternate vendor: This is an advanced way to manage your vendors but make sure you choose the right vendor while buying inventory products in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
What are the QuickBooks Desktop 2020 System Requirements?
Requirements of QuickBooks Enterprise 20.0 and Pro/Premier 2020:
- Operating systems
- 2016 Windows Server
- 2012 R2 MS Windows Server
- Windows 10, al editions contains 64-bit, already installed in the machine
- MS Windows 7 SP1, all editions requires 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit requires all editions, natively installed
- 2012 Windows Server
- 2019 MS Windows Server
- 2008 R2 SP1 Windows Server
- Browser Specifications and needs
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit requirements)
- It should have 2.4 GHz
- RAM- require 4 GB, 8 GB
- Server RAN requirements
- 15 Users: 16 GB RAM
- 1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+ GB RAM
- Disk Space
- 5 GB require
- Additional software: 60 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the software CD
- Additional specification for Intuit Data Protect in the provision of software related services.
- Enlarge the size of the largest file set by two times to back up + 100 MB or twice the storage capacity.
- Needed minimum of 4.0 GB RAM
Also, the work folder requires space from Local Application Data + “Intuit/Intuit Data Protect”.
- US version of Windows
- Optical Drive
- 4X DVD-ROM drive in order to install of the CD
- Screen resolution
- Screen resolution 1280 X 1024 or higher with up to two extended monitors
- It must be optimized for the DPI settings for a particular PC.
QuickBooks Desktop 2020 Software Compatibility
- Office 2016 (consisting Outlook 2016) both on 64 and 32-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (counting Outlook 2010 and 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit.
- Preparing letters needs Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, or 2010 or Office 365 (incorporates 64-bit).
- SMTP-supporting e-mail clients, Email Estimates, Invoices, and other different forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft
- Outlook with Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Office 365, and Outlook.com.
- Additionally, the contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook needs Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- Proper synchronization with Outlook will be needing QB Contact Sync for Outlook.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- TurboTax 2018, 2019 (Business and Personal)
- QB Point of Sale V12.0 and V18.0
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (applies for the US only)
- Lacerte 2018, 2019
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016, 2019, 2020
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms needed
- Yahoo Email, Gmail, Hotmail, Windows Mail, and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*)
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and Antivirus Software Compatibility
Sometimes, it happens when users require some adjustment in settings of these applications then only they can avail the best possible results of QuickBooks.
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows 7 Firewall for all editions
- Windows 8.1 Firewall for all editions
- Windows server Firewall for all editions
Choose Which QuickBooks is right for you?
So, overall this blog discussed everything or what’s new in QuickBooks Desktop 2020 including new and improved features as well as the system requirements. Furthermore, business owners can easily customize the software as per their requirements. Also, some of the most enhanced features help QuickBooks users to get better information from their financial data as well as to save time and gain better efficiency.
To explore more insights of the features of QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and how it can benefit your business, get in touch with QuickBooks Experts. You can also drop an email at this email address or do a live chat with dedicated experts.